The conference is designed for everyone who, whether in volunteer or paid roles, gives leadership for volunteering in their organization, in their community or at a national or global level:
- Executives and staff of global volunteer involving and promoting organizations
- Representatives of United Nations agencies, including UN Volunteers and UNOCHA
- National, regional and local leadership structures for volunteering
- Businesses – global, regional, national and local – that are committed to engaging their workers as volunteers in their communities
- National and local volunteer involving civil society, public sector and religious organizations
- Government officials responsible for formulating and implementing government policy and programs related to volunteering
- Efforts that engage citizens in advocating on local, national and global issues
- Individual volunteer entrepreneurs who are building innovative grassroots approaches to solving local problems
- Researchers who have the study of civil society and volunteering as a high priority
Here are seven great reasons to attend this year’s World Volunteer Conference:
1 You will be informed and motivated by great speakers, each leader in their own corner of the global volunteer community.
2 You will interact with innovative, high impact leaders of global, national and local volunteer efforts.
3 You will be challenged by new ideas and innovative approaches to shared problems.
4 You will meet and learn from peers from throughout the world.
5 You will have the opportunity to contribute your own experience and perspective.
6 You will be part of a global community of people who share your belief in the importance and impact of volunteering.
7 You will be stimulated by the environment of one of the world’s greatest cities, one with an amazing history, one that will help shape the century.